*Starting in March 2018; once approved by Internal Affairs, provisional charters won't go into effect until the following semester*
So You Want to Start a New Student Group?
- Is my club unique? (Are there existing clubs that are already extremely similar)
- Will it add value to the campus? (Does your club provide anything that would improve student life)
- Am I prepared to dedicate up to one semester trying to get this club chartered?
If the answer to all the above is yes, then see below.
*The SA funds, but does not handle chartering for new club sports. For more information, please follow the instructions here*
- Email email@example.com to set up an appointment.
- Meet with the EVP assistant to discuss the intent to charter process, and receive your google drive folder.
- The EVP office requires the following documents to be uploaded to your folder:
- Intent to Charter form (upload as pdf) – found to the right
- Charter Packet (upload as pdf) – found to the right
- Signature Sheet (upload as pdf) – found to the right
- Constitution (see Management Policies 7.6)
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org or click here to set up an appointment for help
- 3 Executive Board Meeting minutes (including attendance)
- 3 General Body Meeting minutes (including attendance)
- Signed Event Planning Checklist from the EVP event planning advisor
- Email email@example.com or click here to set up an appointment
- Once documents have been received and approved by the office, they will be forwarded to the Internal Affairs (IA) committee of the Student Congress.
- IA will set up a meeting where you will present to the committee, and defend why
your organization deserves to be chartered.
- After being approved by IA, meet with the EVP office for further steps.
*The EVP Office does not accept any physical submissions. Anything that's not uploaded to the folder will not be accepted*